Design the Official Poster for PeteFest 2019
A Contest Open to KY Students in Grades 5 through 12
Objective: The PeteFest Poster will be used to advertise and announce the 2019 PeteFest Music Festival in Louisville, KY. This festival is an annual event produced by The Pete Foundation with the objective to raise awareness of mental illness as it affects adolescent children in our community, and to “stomp” the stigma surrounding mental illness. PeteFest is by all measures a joyful, exciting, family-friendly music festival with a lineup of local artists, food trucks, camping, and activities, and is located on a nature preserve in Jefferson County. The 3-day event carries a strong theme of awareness for suicide prevention and mental wellness.
Prizes: The first-place winner will receive $150; the second-place winner will receive $100 and the third-place winner will receive $50.
Deadline to enter: December 23th, 2018.
Winner will be announced: March of 2019. Contestants will receive an invitation to the 2019 PeteFest event, in which the poster will be unveiled and prizes awarded.
Send entries and completed submittal form in a digital format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For artwork not created in a digital or vector format, a photo image of the art is appropriate for submittal.
Design Elements (Necessary components to the poster design that must be included for any winning entry):
- An elephant
- A rock or piece of earth
- Green striping
- Additional components that the artist may include, or The Foundation will add are:
- Space sufficient for the addition of the band line-up and 4 sponsor logos. This space requirement is between 40% and 45% of the poster area.
- Event name: PeteFest Music Festival
- Date of the Event: September 6th-8th, 2019
- Location: 8401 Dawson Hill Road, Louisville, Kentucky
- The website address: www.PeteFest.com
- You may visit PeteFest.com/poster-competition to view past years’ winning art pieces and final posters to get a better idea of the layout and spacing of design elements.
- Do not sign your work. Rather, submit the “PeteFest Artist Submittal Form” in the same email as your poster image, but as a separate attachment.
- The entry must be in a vertical format - 8”x12” or 12”x16”
- The entry submitted must be suitable for conversion to a vector format digital file by The Foundation.
- Students may collaborate on the poster, however, each poster must be the original work of the student(s) submitting; including the poster concept, design and all elements. Do not trace or use any elements from previously published works.
- Only original unpublished works may be submitted. Do NOT publish your submitted poster on Facebook or other social media.
- Posters will be judged on overall design, artistic merit, and suitability as a visual image for the final PeteFest poster. Judges’ decisions are final.
- By submitting an entry, the student releases all rights to the poster and its image, and agrees that the art becomes the property of The Pete Foundation. The Foundation reserves all rights to its use, reproduction, distribution, and alteration. The artist understands that the Foundation may use the winning work exactly as submitted or as inspiration of the final poster image (The Foundation may adapt the student’s artwork to any extent deemed necessary by the PeteFest Poster Committee).
- The Pete Foundation will give credit to the artist on any posters reproduced for distribution, unless instructed otherwise by the artist.
Here are some entries from 2018 Poster Competition:
Here's 2018 Finalized Poster: